I have been blogging for over a year now, and I thought it was time to write a little on the lighter side tonight. Here are some random facts about our family of three. Thanks for for your support and for reading along!!
1) Our last name always throws people off. I am forever spelling it for people over the phone. L-I-D as in David- H as in Henry. I had no clue how to say it when I met Jordan in college. I had to ask him. I always remembered it because as my husband Jordan would lead me. Jordan sometimes will tell people it’s spelled L-E-E-D. It’s a tough one for only being four letters. But we answer to anything, mostly we are the ‘Lids’ and that’s ok.
2) We rely a lot on our extended family. We are blessed to have two families that truly love and support us 100%. They help us out with Abigail by watching her, loving on her and providing for any and all needs she may have. They provide a roof for our head and often treat us to dinners or new clothes. I tell Jordan all the time how spoiled we are. But we are very thankful we have great families that love us and want to take care of us because so often we wouldn’t be able to do it alone.
3) We would love to own a dog. I think we would both lean to a lab of some kind. But the house we live in has no yard, and I couldn’t do that to any dog much less a bigger dog. But maybe one day because having a dog would be so fun and I think Abigail would grow to love him even if she would be quaking in fright at the beginning.
4) One of mine and Jordan’s dream anniversary spots is Washington DC. We truly are simply and nerds at heart. But we went on a trip to the capital just months after we were married with a group from our college and we loved it!! We would love to go
back one anniversary and explore on our own.
5) I like to sleep in and recently Abigail’s schedule has changed so she sleeps in until 9 most mornings and as long as Abigail is sleeping in I am too. I know people say you should wake up before your kids and get things done or have me time, but I prefer pillow time.
6) I recently got a library card in our new county. I LOVE to read and this is a whole new world of books to read. I found I love historical fiction, and now I stay up late reading. Maybe that’s why I like to sleep in.
7) I secretly love trying to rock Abigail asleep. She has never been a cuddly baby. She hated being rocked and being placed in a carrier even as a new born. But now I try to keep her up later so I can rock her to sleep and hold her for just a minute before putting her in her crib.
8) Abigail is getting huge!! She is outgrowing her crib, her seats, and her clothes. She is heavy and I cannot carry her as long as I used to. She would be so tall if she would stand up. It’s hard to believe how big she has gotten.
9) We eat the same thing almost everyday. It’s just easier because I l ow what I like and I know what Abigail likes. She loves fruit and carbs and so do I. I literally eat a whole box of Suddenly Salad all by myself at lunch. Yes, carbs are my friends. I’ve considered dieting many times, but you only live once and I love food!! I don’t think I’m disciplined enough to diet.
10) I have never been a runner. In college I tried to ‘run’ in the evenings. I have started the Couch to 5K about 4 times, and never finished. Running just isn’t my thing. But I love to walk. I like my walking buddy and we spend a lot of time walking in the park and in our neighborhood.
11) Speaking of walking – I usually walk so I can get miles and catch Pokémon on Pokémon Go. My husband got me hooked when the app first came out last year. And I haven’t looked back. I love playing!!! And the best part is that it’s like mine and Jordan’s thing to do. We have had many a date night going around and catching Pokémon. And it’s a nice family outing where we can get out and do something together. So call us nerds, but it’s one of my favorite things to do.
12) Jordan and I always try to spend time with just us everyday. It’s tough because he is on a weird work schedule. He works retail and his hours change from day to day and he always has different days off. I can never keep up with it. But we like to watch our tv shows, movies, play board games, and play minecraft. Yes, I did say monecraft. It’s another great game to play. Our land is called ‘The Loveshack.’ Jordan would kill me if he knew I told you all that, but I named it for us. I love spending time side by side building a fantasy world and killing zombies with him.
13) Sometimes I don’t do all Abigail’s exercises with her. Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I just want to snuggle with her. But our favorite thing to do is in the evening we lay down side by side and we just laugh and tickle and snuggle. It’s wonderful and always a highlight of my day!!
14) I’ve always wanted to be an elementary school librarian. In college God called me to ministry and I changed my major to Christian Studies. I then got married and we had Abigail. I now stay at home full-time with her. I know I am called to ministry and I am searching for what God would have me to do. But for now my ministry is to our daughter and the families we come in contact with everyday.
15) I love that my husband literally beams when people say Abigail looks like him. He eats it up!!! He is the best Daddy and he loves that girl so much. His love for her makes me happy. Because I know she will need her daddy as she grows!
16) One of my dreams would be to adopt a special needs child. I don’t know if it will ever happen, but we are both open to adoption and I know children with special needs need to be loved too. Maybe one day my dream will be a reality but for now I will keep learning all I can about caring for special needs children.
17) My favorite room in the house has always been the bathroom. It might be a weird pick, but I take my showers at night at the very end of the day. It’s just my time to unwind and not have to worry about a single thing.
18) My favorite thing about being married is that I get to live with my best friend. I love that even after just 3.5 years of marriage we are pretty good at knowing what the other one is thinking and feeling. And we always think the same way about big decisions (or at least we have so far). Is our marriage perfect? Not by any means, but we know we are together no matter what and I am thankful to live life with my best friend!!
19) Yes, we would love to have more children. People ask us that a lot. Of course, we are also scared to have more. We have no clue what Abigail’s quality of life will be and we are scared to have another child like Abigail or in even worse condition than she is. We have been told the chances of us having another child with special needs is slim to none, but obviously no one can guaranty anything. But maybe when the time is right, God will bless us with a second child!!
20) I love my family!! Family is very important to me. I think God designed families to honor Him and he used a family to bring salvation to the world. I am thankful my husband picked me five years ago. I am thankful we had our beautiful little girl ,and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for our family as we continue to grow in the years to come!!